Wednesday 18 May 2011

Identity: A Priest - Lacordaire

To live in the midst of the world
 
without wishing its pleasures;
 

To be a member of each family,
 

yet belonging to none;
 

To share all suffering;
 

To penetrate all secrets;
 

To heal all wounds;
 

 

To go from men to God
 

and offer Him their prayers;
 


To return from God to men
 

To bring pardon and hope;
 





To have a heart of fire for Charity,
 

and a heart of bronze for Chastity
 

To teach and to pardon,
 

console and bless always.
 






My God, what a life;
 

and it is yours,
 

O priest of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry but I think the GBTB pic is just of men, some Renaissance guys are very pretty! its possible one of the figures is Our Lady but as there is no Halo I think not. :(
    but I love this post by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...